IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard Thursday assured Baltimore's "taxpayers and business owners that this September's Grand Prix would not end up in financial ruin as last year's race did,” according to Broadwater & McKee of the Baltimore SUN. Bernard said, “There's no room for errors. We have to be successful and the promoter has to be successful.” He added, “There needs to be pressure on everyone. ... We owe it to the residents of Baltimore.” Indianapolis-based Dillon Construction Group Owner and Downforce Racing Partner Dale Dillon Thursday said that he is “confident his team can succeed where the previous operators failed.” He also said that his group "plans to give away fewer tickets and also won't hire consultants or take out loans -- steps that Baltimore Racing Development took and contributed to their losing money.” Dillon said that he and his Downforce Racing partners, Felix Dawson and Daniel Reck, will be “the only investors the company needs.” Broadwater & McKee note about 160,000 people 'attended last year's Labor Day weekend racing festival, but fewer than 110,000 paid for tickets.” The first race did not feature a title sponsor, and Dillon said that the new team has “started recruiting possible candidates.” But he said that his group “is financially sound enough that it doesn't need such a sponsor to pull off the race.” Dillon: “We're one step away. We hope to in the next four to six weeks to announce that title sponsor.” Bernard said, “We've been able to learn a lot already. We can dwell on the negative or we can focus on the future and work to make this the best event in the world" (Baltimore SUN, 2/17).