Sports Sponsor of the Year
Eligibility/Criteria – Companies or specific brands that provide financial or in-kind assistance for leagues, teams, sporting events, or national or international governing bodies in return for visibility and use of logos/marks and other in-kind exchanges. Companies must:
- Demonstrate excellence, innovation and creativity in the use of their sports sponsorship through strategic planning, development, activation and execution
- Exhibit how the partnership fits into the company’s mission and culture
- Show extensive program activation
- Demonstrate that the sponsorship met its objectives and investments
- Demonstrate that the results achieved the company’s goals
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Provide examples, by partnership, of how:
a. The corporate partnership fits into the company’s mission and culture
b. The execution of the sponsorship reflects the company’s strategies and goals
c. Sponsorships have been activated with various properties in the eligibility period
d. The company demonstrated unique and innovative planning and execution of its sponsorship and marketing in the eligibility
2. Provide a list of all sports properties sponsored in the eligibility period, indicating which properties were added in the eligibility period.
3. Provide specific statistical data for the eligibility period on: (include actual numbers and percentage change from the previous year)
a. Target audience
b. Pre- /post-market share
e. Measurement of results
f. Return on objectives/investment
g. Overall sponsorship results
Failure to provide results, ROI, ROO, KPIs or specific return will impact the committee’s assessment of the submission
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.