Sports Facility of the Year
Eligibility/Criteria – Sports facilities (new, renovated or established) in North America whose primary tenants are major league teams or events, minor league teams, college teams, training facilities, practice facilities or sports-related buildings (i.e., halls of fame). While maximizing potential uses of the facility in creative ways, facilities must demonstrate excellence, innovation and creativity in:
- Design, functionality and offerings
- Providing the ultimate user-friendly fan experience
- Corporate sponsorship development, activation and integration
- Quality playing environment for athletes
Sports facilities must also show increases in the statistical categories of the number of events, attendance and revenue.
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Provide a list of:
a. Facility’s primary tenants
b. Top outside events hosted (public or private)
2. Provide examples of what sets the facility apart from other similar facilities.
3. Provide specific statistical data for the eligibility period on: (include actual numbers and percentage change from the previous year)
a. Number of events hosted for each primary tenant
b. Number of outside events hosted (public or private)
c. Budget, revenue and profitability
d. Overall and average attendance figures for events for the primary tenants; and for outside events (public or private)
4. If the facility was new in the eligibility period or underwent a renovation, provide examples of how the construction/renovation:
a. Demonstrated excellence and innovation
b. Generated revenue
c. Achieved the company’s business goals
d. Made the facility more customer/user friendly
e. Reduced the facility’s carbon footprint
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrookat 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.