Sports Executive of the Year
Eligibility/Criteria – Executives who have a primary involvement in sports business and whose principal office is located in North America. Individuals must demonstrate excellence, innovation, creativity, outstanding leadership and vision. They must:
- Offer a clear and distinct vision
- Make a significant impact on the industry
- Lead their business unit to improvements
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
Special Requirements – Attach a bio or professional vitae for the entrant.
1. Provide examples:
a. That demonstrate how this person has made an impact on the industry through creative and innovative thoughts and practices
b. That demonstrate what has made this person an outstanding organizational leader
c. That demonstrate how this person has personified the view of sports as a global entertainment business
d. Of statistical data that demonstrate what this executive has done to differentiate himself/herself in terms of revenue generation, strategic planning and development, growth in sponsorship, attendance, sales, market share, etc.
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the judging committee for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.