Sports Breakthrough of the Year
Eligibility/Criteria – Sports-based companies, events, brands, facilities, agencies,
teams, leagues, executives or athletes, with operations based in North America, that had a major breakthrough in the sports space through a significant increase in their social/brand awareness, market share, transactions and acquisitions, significant increase in business objectives/results and/or other notable accomplishments.
- Need to have made an immediate and significant impact in their category and/or marketplace
- Must have demonstrated excellence, innovation and creativity resulting in a demonstrable impact on the business of sports
- Had a breakthrough achievement during the eligibility period
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Provide details and examples on the entry's breakthrough achievements and why it sets the entry apart from its competitors.
2. Provide examples that demonstrate excellence, innovation and creativity relative to the entry’s breakthrough achievements.
3. Provide examples of how this entry made an immediate and significant impact in its space and market relative to the entry’s breakthrough achievements.
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.