Best in Sports Social Media
Eligibility/Criteria – This category is for athletes, executives, teams, leagues, events, facilities, agencies, brands, media and any other sports-based company, with operations based in North America, whose use of social media exemplifies excellence, creativity and innovation; and has made a significant positive impact on their business and/or brand awareness.
This includes an entity’s integrated use of various social media platforms:
- Over a season, series or event
- For a specific individual campaign, product launch or marketing effort
Social media platforms could include Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Slideshare, Snapchat, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube, among others.
Limitation – Each entity can only submit ONE entry. Choose an entry that fully demonstrates the most innovative use of social media during the eligibility period.
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Provide specific examples that demonstrate creativity and innovation, including:
a. Unique and innovative uses of social media platforms
b. Quality and originality of social media content and campaigns
c. User engagement and experiences
d. Integration of the social effort into overall marketing campaigns
2. Provide specific metrics on how the social media campaign made a significant impact on the entity’s overall business, brand awareness and return on investment/objectives.
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.