Best in Sports Media
Eligibility/Criteria – This all-encompassing category is for individual companies, leagues, teams and governing bodies that deliver sports programming and content through a combination of various media platforms including, but not limited to, linear television, digital, over-the-top, mobile, social, radio and print. This includes:
- Broadcast, cable and over-the-top networks that produce and deliver sporting events, sports programs, sports news shows and sports specials
- Leagues, teams and governing bodies that provide programming content for media companies to distribute and/or that produce their own content – including sporting events, sports programs, sports news shows and sports specials
- Terrestrial, Internet or satellite radio stations that produce and deliver sporting events, sports programs, sports news shows and sports specials
- Digital, mobile or print media that deliver sports content and programming
- Authenticated streaming services
Entities should demonstrate breadth and depth in their sports media offerings. They should demonstrate excellent business practices, innovation and creativity in:
- New business development
- Successful execution of overall media strategy
- Property and event rights – new deals, renewals, extensions
- Creation of sporting events or specific sports programming
- All aspects of sports programming
- Production, including graphics, use of technology and viewer enhancements
- Talent development and retention
- Cross-platform programming
- Commercial partnership, sponsorship or advertising support and overall sales efforts
- Continued growth of engagement metrics/audience development
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Specifically as possible, provide a list of all accomplishments/examples that apply or are relevant to the criteria listed above, such as property and event rights, media distribution platforms, new business strategic efforts, programming, talent, etc.
2. Provide specific statistical data for the eligibility period on: (include actual numbers and percentage change from the previous year; and identify for which media it is associated)
a. Viewership, engagement and other measurement
b. Corporate sponsorship, sales, partnership or advertising support
c. Revenue and profitability
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.