Best in Sports Event and Experiential Marketing
Eligibility/Criteria – Companies with operations in North America that offer comprehensive sports event services involving:
- Strategic planning for event and experiential marketing
- Innovative and creative sponsorship ideation, fulfillment, activation, production and execution
- On-site execution of event and experiential marketing
- Handling various forms of corporate hospitality
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Provide a list of:
a. The company’s primary clients in the eligibility period, indicating which clients were added or renewed in the eligibility period
b. Events developed and produced in the eligibility period for the firm’s primary clients
c. What was the client’s assignment and what were the results – KPIs (Failure to provide results, ROI, ROO, KPIs or specific return will impact the committee’s assessment of the submission)
2. Provide examples that demonstrate the firm’s:
a. Excellence and innovation in strategic planning and idea creation
b. Excellence in event and experiential marketing execution
c. Excellence in creating an exceptional spectator experience
d. Creativity in approach and execution
e. Clients’ evaluation of events planned, activated or executed by the firm.
f. Level of activation for sponsors or examples of bringing in sponsors for event activation
g. IMPORTANT: Measurement results, research or post-event analysis
h. Include a list of top-three programs
Failure to provide results, ROI, ROO, KPIs or specific return will impact the committee’s assessment of the submission
3. Provide specific statistical data for the eligibility period on: (include actual numbers and percentage change from the previous year)
a. Budget, revenue and profitability for both the firm and for top events
b. Event size and scope
c. Event attendance
d. Event measurement/attendee engagement levels
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.