Best in Mobile Fan Experience
Eligibility/Criteria – Companies that provide consumer-facing mobile or digital applications for sports. This includes:
- Entities that are B2C and whose primary product is a mobile application, or mobile-based experience used by fans
- Entities that have developed applications that have made an impact on the industry through innovation, creativity, execution and/or excellence
- Entities that are using consumer-friendly digital or mobile technology to engage sports fans and enhance the fan experience, including applications for in-venue, at-home or fantasy/gaming, etc.
Note: Applicants who submit an entry in this category are unable to make a submission in the Best in Sports Technology category.
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Specifically as possible, provide a list of all accomplishments/examples that apply or are relevant to the criteria listed above, such as new or innovative distribution, user interfaces, applications or features.
2. Provide specific statistical data for the eligibility period on: (include actual numbers and percentage change from the previous year)
a. Measurement data
b. User data/engagement
c. New business development
d. Corporate sales/sponsorships/partnerships, advertising support and/or subscriber base growth
e. Revenue growth
3. Provide links to the digital outlets.
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful. Failure to do so could impact committee’s assessment and reflect negatively on your submission.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.