Best in Digital and Interactive Media
Eligibility/Criteria – This category focuses on specific consumer-facing products from companies, leagues, teams and governing bodies that deliver sports programming and content through various digital media platforms.
- Over-the-top and direct-to-consumer digital video networks, either those sold via subscription or ad-supported business models
- Authenticated and unauthenticated digital video networks
- Mobile applications
The category aims to recognize excellence in this area from a single digital product or application. A company’s entire body of work from the eligibility year should not be submitted. Entries in this category should demonstrate both technical innovation and an ability to deliver original content.
While this category recognizes consumer-facing products, business-to-business service providers that play critical roles in the development and delivery of those products should also be named as part of the nomination.
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. Specifically as possible, provide a list of all accomplishments/examples that apply or are relevant to the criteria listed above, such as new or innovative distribution, user interfaces, applications, programming or features.
2. Provide specific statistical data for the eligibility period on: (include numbers and percentage change from the previous year)
a. Measurement data
b. User data/engagement
c. New business development
d. Corporate sponsorship/partnerships, advertising support and/or subscriber base
e. Revenue growth
3. Provide links to the digital outlets.
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.