Best Talent Representation of the Year
Eligibility/Criteria – Talent representation agencies, with operations in North America, that offer any combination of the various services, including:
- Contract representation
- Endorsement representation
- Image development and enhancement
- Develop and advise clients on charitable and community involvement and execution
- Post-retirement advice and career planning
- Media training
Agencies should select a number of their top clients for whom, during the eligibility period, they were involved in:
- New playing, coaching or media contracts
- New endorsement deals
- Brand activations and executions
- Charitable, philanthropic and community involvement activities
This would NOT include clients:
- Currently on the agency’s roster, but for whom the agency did not complete significant business during the eligibility period
- Existing clients for whom no contract or endorsement deals have been negotiated
- Agencies will be evaluated for full-service client representation that occurred during the eligibility period. Nominees and the winner will be chosen on the basis of the quality of the representation they have performed on behalf of their clients during the eligibility period, not on the quantity of clients on their overall roster.
- It is NOT necessary to provide a comprehensive list of clients. Agencies will be evaluated for clients for whom significant work was performed during the eligibility period.
Eligibility Period – March 1, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Entry Deadline – Friday, January 17, 2020
1. For each client being featured, provide details of the agency’s involvement in:
a. Clients’ off-the-field business and/or growing their clients’ public profile in entertainment, pop culture platforms
b. Playing, coaching or media contracts
c. Endorsement deals – provide a full list of all deals negotiated and/or activated during the eligibility period
d. Clients’ brand activations and executions
e. Developing and/or advising clients on their charitable, philanthropic and community involvement activities
2. Provide examples and specifics of where the agency has assisted, elevated or enhanced the economic stability and brand awareness of their clients
Please be as specific as you can in your responses. Please focus your answers on the specific question – submissions that don’t answer the actual question or provide detailed specifics will not be closely considered.
- Please be succinct, providing material preferably in 4-6 pages, but in no more than 6 pages.
- Go to http://sbjuploads.com. Fill in your contact information and then select "Sports Business Awards." At the next screen, select the appropriate category. On the third screen, follow the instructions on the screen – "Add Files", "Upload" files and "Send my files."
- Provide as much statistical data to support your entry as possible. If you cannot provide hard numbers, percentages are helpful.
- Once the nominees are chosen, materials originally submitted during the entry phase will be provided to the external judges for the second phase of judging. NOMINEES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY. Minor addendums (to cover the period from January 17 through February 28) must be approved by Sports Business Journal/Daily. Please contact Tracey Allsbrook at 704-973-1566.
We apologize, the deadline for submitting nominations for this event has passed.