- Must be born on or after January 1, 1979.
- Hall of Fame inductees are not eligible.
The committee considers hundreds of candidates each year and seeks to recognize extremely talented and accomplished individuals who are responsible for significant achievements and success in the sports business.
We must stress the importance of including, on the nomination form, specific and detailed information of what the nominee has accomplished, as well as examples on the amount of influence he or she has within their area of work. A successful candidate must be a leader within their industry segment, and the nominating material must specifically address each of the above factors.
We weigh a variety of factors when determining whether a nominee should be a Forty Under 40 winner, including, but not limited to:
- The size and scope of their responsibilities.
- Accomplishments over their career and, specifically, within the last 12-24 months.
- The creativity and innovation demonstrated by a nominee within their area of expertise.
- The scope of influence within their area of expertise.
- Specific business results driven by the ideas and execution of the nominee, including revenue generation, revenue growth and other growth metrics.
- Nominees will not be notified.
- Only those selected as winners will be contacted.
- Winners will be contacted in early February 2019.