Lee Reed arrived at Georgetown University in April of 2010 as the 17th director of intercollegiate athletics.
On the Hilltop, Lee has shaped his department around a core philosophy that is focused on people, and expressed in his oft-mentioned adage, “Athletics programs that are STUDENT-ATHLETE centered, COACH driven, and ADMINISTRATOR assisted.”
Under Lee’s leadership:
• Georgetown student-athletes have excelled academically, consistently posting a department-wide cumulative GPA over 3.2.
• Lee successfully led the Department of Athletics’ ambitious $125 million fundraising campaign, which saw an unprecedented $50M commitment to establish the Cooper Athletics Leadership Program.
• Lee negotiated a favorable ten-year multi-media rights deal for Georgetown with Fox Sports, tripling sponsorship revenues over the life of the contract.
• Lee opened the doors in 2016 to a new 144,000 square-foot state-of-the-art training facility, the Thompson Intercollegiate Athletic Center.
• Competitively, the Hoyas have remained prominent on the national landscape with six team national championships, 28 conference/tournament championships and four head coaches receiving national coach of the year honors
• Lee was recognized as an FCS Athletic Director of the Year in June of 2017 and will serve as President of the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics during the 2018-19 school year.