SBD: Woods Fires Back At Jenkins, Golf Digest SBD: Players' Tribune Has Mixed Reviews To Date SBD: Randy Moss Doc Draws Strong Audience SBJ: DirecTV is staying in RSN biz SBD: S.F. Begins Effort To Land '24 Games SBD: Cowboys-Giants Rating Lower On NBC SBD: ESPN May Sell Video Subs For Cricket Tourney SBD: MLB Fires Back Against MASN In Court Battle SBD: Details Begin Emerging On DC 2024's Bid Plans SBD: Wise Leaving WaPo To Join Whitlock Site
Instagram, snowboarder McMorris lead in social media engagement
February 13, 2014 06:45 PM
|Canadian snowboarder Mark McMorris has led the way in terms of new followers and fan interactions.
Hookit tracked 592 athletes on social media in the first week, and they combined to have more than 21 million fans over the three main social networks. In contrast to the engagement numbers, almost 45 percent of fans are on Twitter, 40.9 percent on Facebook and 14.3 percent are on Instagram.
A deeper look into social media data compiled by Hookit during the first week of the Sochi Games shows that Canadian snowboarder Mark McMorris has been the most popular with new followers and fan interactions. McMorris, a bronze-medal winner in slopestyle, had the most-liked photo on Instagram and four of the top five.
TOP 10 ATHLETES BY TOTAL FAN INTERACTIONS
1. Mark McMorris (Canada) — 707,691 interactions
2. Shaun White (U.S.) — 535,587
3. Sven Kramer (Netherlands) — 353,169
4. Julia Mancuso (U.S.) — 293,209
5. Sage Kotsenburg (U.S.) — 288,230
6. Jamie Anderson (U.S.) — 274,009
7. Silje Norendal (Norway) — 238,311
8. Marcel Hirscher (Austria) — 237,725
9. Justine Dufour-Lapointe (Canada) — 207,408
10. Stale Sandbech (Norway) — 195,619