SBD: CBS, NBC Show Little Interest In Simmons SBJ: Millen leaving ESPN, will return to Fox OTG: 0521 SBA Wakeup SBD: Fox Trying New Approach To Golf Coverage SBD: Ducks' Perry Miffed By Milbury's On-Air Remark SBG: NHL Sees 20% Jump In Int'l GCL Subs SBD: Boston '24 Replaces Fish With Pagliuca SBD: USOC Member Says Boston Bid Not Certain SBD: CBS' Peter Kostis Dishes On State Of Golf SBD: Jeff Gordon Hired As Full-Time Analyst For Fox
Instagram, snowboarder McMorris lead in social media engagement
February 13, 2014 06:45 PM
|Canadian snowboarder Mark McMorris has led the way in terms of new followers and fan interactions.
Hookit tracked 592 athletes on social media in the first week, and they combined to have more than 21 million fans over the three main social networks. In contrast to the engagement numbers, almost 45 percent of fans are on Twitter, 40.9 percent on Facebook and 14.3 percent are on Instagram.
A deeper look into social media data compiled by Hookit during the first week of the Sochi Games shows that Canadian snowboarder Mark McMorris has been the most popular with new followers and fan interactions. McMorris, a bronze-medal winner in slopestyle, had the most-liked photo on Instagram and four of the top five.
TOP 10 ATHLETES BY TOTAL FAN INTERACTIONS
1. Mark McMorris (Canada) — 707,691 interactions
2. Shaun White (U.S.) — 535,587
3. Sven Kramer (Netherlands) — 353,169
4. Julia Mancuso (U.S.) — 293,209
5. Sage Kotsenburg (U.S.) — 288,230
6. Jamie Anderson (U.S.) — 274,009
7. Silje Norendal (Norway) — 238,311
8. Marcel Hirscher (Austria) — 237,725
9. Justine Dufour-Lapointe (Canada) — 207,408
10. Stale Sandbech (Norway) — 195,619