Game Changers: Beth Hutter Game Changers: Mary Byrne Game Changers: Renee Baumgartner Game Changers: Stephanie Cheng Game Changers: Christine Brown Game Changers: Michelle McKenna-Doyle Game Changers: Bernadette McGlade Game Changers: Heidi Sandreuter Game Changers: Kristen Rose Game Changers: Andrea Williams
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/Sept. 9-15, 2013/Game Changers
Game Changers: Patty Power
Published September 9, 2013, Page 42A
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
Power enjoys how creating startup networks allows her to build her own foundation.
“The great thing about startups is you’re creating your own foundation and you’re doing it your own way, and I do like that,” said Power, who helped transform CBS Sports Network from the niche player it was as CSTV and CBS College Sports Network into a broader channel with twice as much live programming as it had two years ago. “I’ve been here in this position for 11 years, but we’ve gone through so many changes, with opportunities to learn from new people along the way, it really hasn’t seemed like it. Change is good for some, and not for all. For me, it’s healthy.”
- Crowning professional achievement: Helping to launch two successful sports cable networks: Classic Sports and CSTV.
- Biggest professional disappointment: I never had an opportunity to work on a World Cup, which I consider one of the world’s premier sporting events.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: I’ve had several wonderful mentors who have influenced me, including Ken Aagaard, who has generously shared his knowledge, wisdom and guidance.
- Best advice you’ve received: Treat people with respect.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: The ever-changing technology landscape.
- My vision of success is …: A well-balanced personal and professional life — which I’m still working on.
“What makes Patty so good is her ability to cut through the clutter and come up with very good answers to problems quickly, succinctly and efficiently. Smart, quick and well-connected, Patty is known throughout the industry as one of the best operations/productions people you could ever work with; top-notch in every way.”