Game Changers: Beth Hutter Game Changers: Mary Byrne Game Changers: Renee Baumgartner Game Changers: Stephanie Cheng Game Changers: Christine Brown Game Changers: Michelle McKenna-Doyle Game Changers: Bernadette McGlade Game Changers: Heidi Sandreuter Game Changers: Kristen Rose Game Changers: Andrea Williams
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/October 8-14, 2012/Game Changers
Game Changers: Karen Leetzow
Published October 8, 2012, Page 19
Leetzow and eldest daughter Kelsey with adopted
pets, Beamer and Bentley.
VP, Deputy General Counsel
Leetzow loves solving problems, and her passion for doing so has been a major reason she made the leap from a specialized, trademark attorney to NASCAR’s top legal adviser. “Reinventing myself in that way and being what the company needs, and the company being happy with the work I did — that feels good,” Leetzow said.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Bill France Jr. He treated me like I deserved to be at the table before I deserved to be there. Having an iconic figure see that in you is empowering.
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Mary Carillo. She’s principled and often critical of the sports she covers, but always fair.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: All the short men who want to hear that they are actually tall.
- My vision of success is …: The love of my friends and family.
- Outside of work and family, I’m spending a lot of my time on …: Visiting as many of the UNESCO World Heritage sites as I can.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“She’s been involved in just about every contract that we’ve got. She’s been involved in numerous litigations we’ve been involved in. For some reason, she seems to attract the difficult assignments. She does a great job, and when you do good work, people keep coming back to you.”
- Jim France, NASCAR vice chairman