Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/October 8-14, 2012/Game Changers
Game Changers: Christine Driessen
Published October 8, 2012, Page 35
Driessen and her husband enjoy the atmosphere at the U.S.
Open last month.
EVP, Chief Financial Officer
- Crowning professional achievement: Recognizing the potential in a startup 24-hour sports company and having the courage to take the job as controller at that company back in 1985.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: My father, who as a sole proprietor understood the value of delivering a product/service that was needed at the highest level of quality, and in return demanding a commensurate value for that product/service.
- The biggest challenge I face working in the sports business is …: Dealing with individuals who don’t realize the potential they have to positively influence today’s youth through sports.
- Outside of work and family, I’m spending a lot of my time on …: I get to dabble a little in gardening, because I love the outdoors, but my children and husband are my priority along with my job at this point in my life.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Christine’s experience, knowledge and judgment are indispensable to ESPN. She plays a key role in any big decision we make, here in the U.S. or on a global scale.”
- John Skipper, ESPN president