Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBJ/October 8-14, 2012/Game Changers
Game Changers: April Carty-Sipp
Published October 8, 2012, Page 33
Carty-Sipp’s interest in visual arts extends to photography.
SVP, Creative Services and Brand Integration
The job was more complicated than simply adding a peacock to network logos, said Carty-Sipp, who last week announced she is leaving her post to take a job as vice president of programming for Philadelphia’s WPVI-TV. She had to combine the existing logos for Comcast and NBC to create one new logo for the RSNs. She also had to revamp everything from set design to graphics at each of the networks.
“The biggest challenge was tying all of these logos into one and make it a cohesive brand,” she said.
- Person who had the biggest influence on your career in sports: Jon Litner. He’s a great sounding board and has taught me how to think strategically.
- Woman in sports business you’d most like to meet: Jllian Michaels. She’s a business entrepreneur as well as an excellent motivator and role model for healthy living.
- My vision of success is …: Enhancing the viewing experience for our audience with informative and entertaining graphics and formats.
- Outside of work and family, I’m spending a lot of my time on …: Taking photographs and cooking.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“April and her team have been a talented and creative force that has enabled us to create a meaningful connection with the fans we serve.”
- Jon Litner, NBC Sports Group president