Roger Federer and his longtime agent, Tony Godsick, are in the process of forming their own sports agency, financial and tennis sources said, a move that would make the Swiss star one of the few athletes still near the top of his game to go into that line of business.
Strong walk-up and single-game advance ticket sales have driven MLB’s unexpected surge in attendance this season, helped further by strong pennant races, improved analytics and best-practices sharing among teams.
The New York Yankees cologne and perfume introduced in April are hitting home runs. The licensed fragrances are exceeding sales projections and have baseball officials pushing to have more teams follow suit.
NBC will bring pro boxing back to network television, taking another swing at a sport that last appeared on terrestrial television in 2004 and hasn’t run there consistently since 1998.
Meet some of the companies and people that have crafted a successful niche in the youth sports market, a vast but heavily fragmented space.
- Taking aim at the youth market
- Youth Sports: All American Games
- Youth Sports: HighSchoolSports.net
- Youth Sports: iHigh
- Youth Sports: iScore Sports
- Youth Sports: Korrio
- Youth Sports: PlayOn! Sports
- Youth Sports: SportsSignup
- Youth Sports: Youth Sports Network
- Book examines youth sports excess
- High School Athlete Participation