Cartoon: Pace race From the Field of Analytics From The Executive Editor: Shark visit From The Executive Editor: 10th SBAs Sustainability leadership needed Cartoon: A head for hoops Sutton Impact: Class of 2017 advice Cartoon: New home court From the Field of Philanthropy From The Executive Editor: Analyze this
SBJ/August 15-21, 2011/Opinion
Seven points for success
Published August 15, 2011, Page 28
1. Passion without a plan won’t work.
2. Do one thing and do it better than anyone else.
3. Create a business for someone else’s passion.
4. Can it be profitable? You are not in the business to break even.
5. If you give your customers great entertainment, at a great price, in a clean environment, and say thank you and mean it, they will come back.
6. Great ideas come from everywhere, but you must look and listen for them.
7. Believe in the power of prayer.
Newport Beach, Calif.
Englebrecht is founder and owner of Fight Club OC.