From The Executive Editor: Making waves Cartoon: Holiday let-down Sutton Impact: Books to lead by Cartoon: An NFL Christmas Carol From The Executive Editor: Most Influential Lessons to tomorrow’s executives From The Executive Editor: CFP progress Cartoon: Detour From the Field of Sports Collectibles Space: The next frontier in sponsorship?
SBJ/August 15-21, 2011/Opinion
Seven points for success
Published August 15, 2011, Page 28
1. Passion without a plan won’t work.
2. Do one thing and do it better than anyone else.
3. Create a business for someone else’s passion.
4. Can it be profitable? You are not in the business to break even.
5. If you give your customers great entertainment, at a great price, in a clean environment, and say thank you and mean it, they will come back.
6. Great ideas come from everywhere, but you must look and listen for them.
7. Believe in the power of prayer.
Newport Beach, Calif.
Englebrecht is founder and owner of Fight Club OC.