From the Field of Social Media Cartoon: Hungry for ratings From The Executive Editor: Disruptions Golf’s outreach to women will continue From The Executive Editor: Glenn Wong Wong’s jobs span sports business Cartoon: Crossover appeal Sutton Impact: Tailoring sales staff From the Field of Communications Cartoon: A first swing
SBJ/August 15-21, 2011/Opinion
Seven points for success
Published August 15, 2011, Page 28
1. Passion without a plan won’t work.
2. Do one thing and do it better than anyone else.
3. Create a business for someone else’s passion.
4. Can it be profitable? You are not in the business to break even.
5. If you give your customers great entertainment, at a great price, in a clean environment, and say thank you and mean it, they will come back.
6. Great ideas come from everywhere, but you must look and listen for them.
7. Believe in the power of prayer.
Newport Beach, Calif.
Englebrecht is founder and owner of Fight Club OC.