Longtime NCAA exec Tom Jernstedt to depart after 38 yearsThis Week's Headlines
MLBPA looks at agent rule changes
The MLB Players Association could become the first players union to penalize certified agents who leave their agencies and take players with them in violation of their noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements.
MLS extends Garber’s deal through 2014
Major League Soccer’s board of governors has approved a contract extension for Don Garber that will see him continue to lead the league as commissioner through 2014.
Brody leaving MLB to head sales at WMG
After spending 11 years building an enviable roster of corporate partners for Major League Baseball, John Brody is leaving the league to help Casey Wasserman build a global sales force.
Control supply to heat up demand
The Miami Heat is adopting an aggressive new business strategy in leveraging the franchise’s stunning summer that brought LeBron James to South Beach.
SportsBusiness Journal's next issue will be the week of
Aug. 16.More HeadlinesSummer Reading
“What books are you taking with you (to the beach or on vacation) this summer, and why are you looking forward to reading them?”
- 49ers bring in Legends for premium space...
- Blackhawks’ business team capitalizes on...
- Brody leaving MLB to head sales at WMG
- Control supply to heat up demand
- D-League teams secure jersey sponsorship...
- EA plans ‘MaddenGras’ for release date
- Gameday will run Broncos’ team stores
- Jets add personality to marketing effort...
- Kroenke asks NFL to let him purchase Ram...
- Longtime NCAA exec Tom Jernstedt to depa...
- Merger has IMG poised to compete
- MLBPA looks at agent rule changes
- MLS extends Garber’s deal through 2014
- Nike endorsement tab swooshes down
- Presale for ’12 Ryder Cup a hit
- Rogge’s Youth Games reach the starting l...
- Stats LLC to distribute FanSnap ticket s...
- TV, commish questions next for AFL
- Uncertainty still factors into Rangers a...
- USA Basketball signs 7 sponsors through ...
- Video mirrors give ads new home at stadi...
- Wasserman gets NFL pitch on ‘Entourage’
- World Cup pays off for A-B InBev
- Zimmerman’s deal gives him ballpark for ...