50 Most Influential: Introduction 50 Most Influential: No. 34 Ditching ’burbs for Detroit NHL brings doughnuts, signs Dunkin’ deal 50 Most Influential: No. 16 ‘Suite’ gifts, and even a few ugly ones Group builds platform for hockey award 50 Most Influential: No. 38 Alabama scores some serious bling Sports Media: NFL steps into esports
- This Week's Headlines
How ESPN bid bowled over BCS
As John Swofford and his team of BCS TV negotiators entered a ballroom at Chicago’s Palmer House Hilton on Nov. 10, they were braced for a challenge from university presidents.
Execs agree deal’s a milestone
The rocky economy and flailing ad market took a backseat to ESPN’s breathtaking $495 million deal for BCS rights, judging from panel sessions during the SportsBusiness Journal/Daily FSA Sports Media and Technology conference in New York last week.
Party’s off for some at Super Bowl
The mother of all sports party scenes — the Super Bowl — will be leaner come February in Tampa.
NBA-NCAA effort taps Weiberg
Big Ten Network executive Kevin Weiberg has been hired by the NBA and NCAA as chief executive of their $50 million youth basketball joint venture.More HeadlinesOne-on-One
Last December, Craig Leipold sold the Nashville Predators, the NHL franchise he had owned since its inception in 1997. Four months later, the NHL board of governors approved the sale of the Minnesota Wild by Bob Naegele to Leipold...
- AP calls IOC restrictions ‘unacceptable’
- ATP trims prospects for top post
- Bettman bonds with fans during weekly sh...
- Capitals, Comcast combine to launch orig...
- Easton-Bell prez: ‘We’re not going to co...
- ESPN uses ‘E:60,’ ‘Lines’ brands to spot...
- Execs agree ESPN-BCS deal’s a milestone
- Fox, ESPN look to cut race costs
- FSC buys rights to Gold Cup
- How ESPN bid bowled over BCS
- In owners box and on organizational char...
- NBA-NCAA effort taps Weiberg
- NBA sees media, marketing interest in In...
- Next on deck for credit decision: MLB
- NFLPA search narrows field to 24 execs
- NHLPA chief, ombudsman at odds, sources ...
- Overseas impact drives NBA’s deal with G...
- Party’s off for some at Super Bowl
- Selig’s outlook veers toward caution
- Spring training games go upscale
- The Cowboys star you haven’t heard about
- You Tell Us: Would you rather...?