Featured Story

Salt Lake City Exploratory Committee Meets To Discuss Bid For 2026, 2030 Games

Published in SportsBusiness Daily Global on 11 / 22 / 17

Members of Salt Lake City's Olympic Exploratory Committee met formally on Monday for the first time since being formed last month "to assess the possibility of bidding on the 2026 or 2030 Winter Games," according to Aaron Falk of the Salt Lake Tribune. Fraser Bullock, the committee's co-chair and th...

Read More

Tags: Olympics, North America

More Stories

NFL Mexico Says Requirements 80% Met

NFL Mexico Dir Arturo Olivé said that his office's work to meet the requirements to hold a regular season game "is 80% complete; and on this [remaining] 20%, we are in the red zone," according to LA AFICIÓN. But Olivé added that it is "premature to talk of dates and teams ...

Tags: Leagues and Governing Bodies, North America

Wanda Buys Majority Stake In Legendary

A person familiar with the matter said that Chinese property and investment firm Dalian Wanda Group "has agreed to acquire a majority stake in Legendary Entertainment," valuing the U.S. movie studio company at between $3B and $4B, according to Liana Baker of REUTERS. The move represents Wanda's late ...

Tags: Finance, China, North America

Work On New FMF HQ Appears Delayed

Work on what will be the new HQ of the Mexican Football Federation (FMF) "appears delayed" just under two months -- per the FMF's projections -- before the facility's scheduled inauguration date of Feb. 28, according to Ricardo Magallán of LA AFICIÓN. Construction is being carried ou ...

Tags: Facilities, North America

NFL Working To Bring Game To Mexico

The NFL's Mexican office said that it is continuing its work to "bring a game to the country," according to LA AFICIÓN. It said in a statement, "We are continuing to work to return to Mexico with an NFL game; but while talks continue, as of today no decision has been made to hold a game ...

Tags: Events and Attractions, North America

NBA Suns Owner Takes Over Mallorca

NBA Phoenix Suns Owner Robert Sarver and ex-NBA player Steve Nash are part of a group that has taken control of Spanish second division side Mallorca, according to Dermot Corrigan of ESPN. The change in ownership was carried out via a capital investment of just over €20M ($21.5M), according to ...

Tags: Franchises, Europe, North America

F1 Needs More Than Just A Team In U.S.

IndyCar driver Ryan Hunter-Reay said that F1 needs more races in the U.S. and "not just a team if it is to crack the American market," according to William Esler of SKY SPORTS. The 2012 IndyCar champion and 2014 Indy 500 winner believes that Haas's arrival on the F1 grid this year "will not hel ...

Tags: Leagues and Governing Bodies, North America

Guadeloupe Confirmed To Host Davis Cup Tie

Guadeloupe regional President Ary Chalus on Monday confirmed that “his island will host the first stage of the Davis Cup between France and Canada,” according to L’ÉQUIPE. Chalus: “I’m announcing that the region has reached a new agreement and will benefit from a ...

Tags: Events and Attractions, North America

ESPN Invites Candidates To TV Debate

ESPN is taking steps to organize a live televised debate "between the five candidates still in the running to become the most powerful man in world football," according to James Corbett of SPORTING INTELLIGENCE. The U.S. broadcaster has proposed a date of Jan. 29 and a location of London for the FIF ...

Tags: Media, North America

CONCACAF Accused Of Violating Statutes

CONCACAF, which "can't seem to put a governance foot in the right direction," is now being accused by its own federations of "breaking its own statutes by not appointing an interim president," according to Paul Nicholson of INSIDE WORLD FOOTBALL. The complaints have forced CONCACAF acting Gener ...

Tags: International Football, North America

Texas Governor Cuts Funding To U.S. GP

Just days before Texas Governor Greg Abbott decided to cut the funding for the Formula One auto race which takes place in his state, he reportedly made the revelation that it “pumps hundreds of millions of dollars into our economy,” according to Christian Sylt for FORBES. F1 "has been ra ...

Tags: Finance, North America

Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug