More Stories

06/01/16
Rastar To Increase Stake In La Liga Club

Chinese model car company Rastar Group is set "to increase its stake" in La Liga club RCD Espanyol from 54% to 90%, according to GBTIMES. The company's billionaire President Chen Yansheng "is reportedly planning to pump a further" €39M ($43M) into the club based in the outskirts of Barcelona, a ...

Tags: Finance, Europe, China

06/01/16
CPL, Hero Sign Three-Year Extension

The Caribbean Premier League has renewed its title sponsorship deal with motorcycle and scooter manufacturer Hero MotoCorp. The India-based company, which calls itself the world's largest producer of two-wheeled vehicles, signed on as the cricket c ...

Tags: Marketing and Sponsorship, North America, India

05/31/16
Chinese Closer To Stake In AC Milan

A group of Chinese investors have reportedly agreed to take an initial stake of 70% of Serie A side AC Milan, with "discussions continuing" on the sale of the remaining 30%, according to Wang Mingjie of CHINA DAILY. Milan Owner Silvio Berlusconi will "remain president for the next two or t ...

Tags: Franchises, China

05/31/16
Japan Aims To Convert Love Hotels

The Japanese government is encouraging some of the country's more than 10,000 short-stay love hotels (or rabu hoteru) to convert into "normal" hotels in the run-up to the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics, according to Adam Nebbs of the SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST. The move "comes amid worries there will not ...

Tags: Olympics, Japan

05/27/16
MP & Silva Set To Grow Chinese Operation

MP & Silva is looking to grow its Beijing office and develop synergies with its new Chinese investors after selling a majority stake in the company, CEO Marco Auletta said. The media rights agency sees a tremendous potential in the Chinese mark ...

Tags: Media, China, Europe

05/27/16
Thakur Looking To Eliminate ROFR

Big money "battles over broadcasting rights" of the Indian Premier League "are set to get fiercer in the near future," according to Sharma & Tiwari of the ECONOMIC TIMES. New Board of Control for Cricket in India President Anurag Thakur said that future IPL TV rights contracts "should not have t ...

Tags: Media, India

05/27/16
IOC Taking Tokyo Scandal 'Very Seriously'

A senior IOC official said that allegations of illegal payments to help Tokyo win the 2020 Games were being taken "very seriously" but insisted there would be no independent IOC probe, according to the AFP. IOC Tokyo 2020 Coordination Commission Chair John Coates "welcomed the two separate investiga ...

Tags: Olympics, Japan

05/26/16
JOC Establishes Tokyo 2020 Probe Team

The Japanese Olympic Committee on Wednesday "established a team to investigate whether any illegal payments were made during its successful bid for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics," according to Elaine Lies of REUTERS. The bid team reportedly made payments totaling more than $2M "to a Singapore bank account ...

Tags: Olympics, Japan

05/26/16
IPL Attracting More Women Than Ever

As women "flock to the stands and take prominent positions in commentary boxes and boardrooms, cricket’s richest Twenty20 league is no longer solely a man’s world," according to the AFP. The days of "male-dominated crowds spending as much time ogling cheerleaders on the boundary as takin ...

Tags: Leagues and Governing Bodies, India

05/25/16
SPN Launches Multi-Language Euro Feeds

Indian football fans will be able to watch the Euro 2016 tournament "in a range of languages after Sony Pictures Networks India announced multiple feeds for its live coverage," according to Rebecca Hawkes of RAPID TV NEWS. English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam speakers "will all ...

Tags: Media, India

Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug