Currency Converter

Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).

From:
To:
 

SBD Global/August 7, 2014/International Football

Argentina's Government-Backed 'Fútbol Para Todos' Program Accused Of Diverting Funds

Argentina Cabinet Chief Jorge Capitanich "rejected accusations made by lawmaker Graciela Ocaña of irregularities" in the "Fútbol para todos" program, according to the BUENOS AIRES HERALD. Capitanich called the accusations "false, slander." Regarding an "investigation by Federal Judge María Servini de Cubría for alleged diversion of public funds," Capitanich "bluntly denied that him or his predecessors Aníbal Fernández and Juan Manuel Abal Medina had been indicted." He said, "There is no amount of money that can be transferred from the State without the consent of all relevant offices." Capitanich bashed media outlets Clarín and América for "manipulating information, lying and falsely accusing officials." He defended the "Fútbol para todos" program for being a "public communication vehicle" with a nationwide reach (BUENOS AIRES HERALD, 8/6). CLARIN reported following the death of former Argentine FA President Julio Grondona, the AFA is "already beginning to make changes." During an AFA Exec Committee meeting, "a debate took place regarding a possible modification" to the new 30-team league format. The topic "is expected to be discussed further on Tuesday," with one possibility being a "short tournament in two sections of 15 teams during the first portion of the next year." The proposal "arises out of necessity, adapting the calendar to Europe to facilitate player transfers." Argentine first division side Estudiantes La Plata President Enrique Lombardi said, "The topic will be discussed next week with the Tournament Committee and we will see what is decided" (CLARIN, 8/6).
Return to top
Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug