Hangin' With ... Richard Wright Berlin, Glasgow To Host New Event In '18 EPL Clubs Score First Profit Since 1999 EPL To Share $1.5B Of $7.5B TV Deal EPL Fans To Protest Over Ticket Prices ICC CEO Says Team Increase Unlikely Iconic European F1 Venues 'Fall Silent' Rugby WC Fanzones To Draw 1 Million-Plus Chelsea Drops CWM FX From Sponsor List Lewis Hamilton Set To Sign $134M Deal
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/July 25, 2014/Events and Attractions
Rugby Football League Outlines Restructured Super League, Championship Format For '15
Published July 25, 2014
- Super League's top eight will split after 23 games (including Magic Weekend) into a seven-game group and the top four will contest the playoffs in a semifinal format.
- The middle tier of eight qualifiers -- comprising the "bottom four from Super League and top four from the Championship" -- will play seven games -- the top three and 4th vs. 5th playoff winners go up.
- League One -- formerly Championship One -- will grow to 14 teams, with Coventry Bears entering the competition from '15 and the end of the '14 season's bottom five in the Championship dropping down.
- Bonus points, currently used in the bottom two divisions, will be "considered for use in Super League between now and the start of the season."
- Top eight SL clubs go into the Challenge Cup sixth round, bottom four SL clubs into the fifth, Championship clubs in round four, League One clubs in round three (BBC, 7/24).