Premier League Smashes Transfer Record Formula 1 Season to Start In Australia EPL Shirt Sponsors Reflect Globalization Hays Partners With Pitch For Man City China Everbright Denies Liverpool Talks GB Basketball Teams Up With Fanseat England Unveils Alternate Kit Event Notes Football League Facing Competition Liverpool Mayor Talks Everton Stadium
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
SBD Global/July 25, 2014/Events and Attractions
Rugby Football League Outlines Restructured Super League, Championship Format For '15
Published July 25, 2014
- Super League's top eight will split after 23 games (including Magic Weekend) into a seven-game group and the top four will contest the playoffs in a semifinal format.
- The middle tier of eight qualifiers -- comprising the "bottom four from Super League and top four from the Championship" -- will play seven games -- the top three and 4th vs. 5th playoff winners go up.
- League One -- formerly Championship One -- will grow to 14 teams, with Coventry Bears entering the competition from '15 and the end of the '14 season's bottom five in the Championship dropping down.
- Bonus points, currently used in the bottom two divisions, will be "considered for use in Super League between now and the start of the season."
- Top eight SL clubs go into the Challenge Cup sixth round, bottom four SL clubs into the fifth, Championship clubs in round four, League One clubs in round three (BBC, 7/24).