Quote of the Day
"We at FIFA and the local organizing committee should be doing a much better job."-- FIFA VP Jeffrey Webb on the lack of action from the governing body to fight racism at the World Cup. (London GUARDIAN, 7/3)
The head of FIFA’s anti-racism task force -- VP Jeffrey Webb -- "has voiced his disappointment at the failure to appoint staff trained to record discriminatory abuse in World Cup stadiums in the wake of a series of contentious incidents," according to Owen Gibson of the London GUARDIAN. FIFA "did not take action" over offensive chanting by Mexican fans, racist chanting at matches involving Russia and Croatia, or “blacked up” fans who were pictured at the Germany-Ghana game.
CVC to sell large part of F1 stake, according to report.
Haas Automation to sponsor F1's Scuderia Ferrari team.
Liverpool goes with Carillion to manage $129M Anfield expansion.
UCI extends anti-doping agreement ahead of Tour de France.
Barclays secures naming-rights to Madrid Sports Palace.
England & Wales Cricket signs last-minute deal with Fox Sports.
Neymar arrives to presser wearing banned Beats by Dre headphones.
Roger Federer is latest player to opine on Wimbledon's dress code.
London-based lawyer Daniel Cooper talks about athlete privacy, doping.
- Madrid Sports Palace, Barclays Ink Deal
- ECB, Etihad Airways Join Forces
- Aussie Speedo Swimwear Draws Criticism
- Oldham Partners With Sports Direct
- Beer Battle Brewing At World Cup
- Struggling Cronulla Lands Sponsor
- Haas Automation Partners With Ferrari
- Endesa Extends ACB Deal Through 2017
- Bremen In Sponsorship Talks With Hisense
- Marketplace Roundup