Hangin' With ... Richard Wright Berlin, Glasgow To Host New Event In '18 Nike Signs Gatlin To Sponsorship Deal EPL Clubs Score First Profit Since 1999 Executive Transactions EPL To Share $1.5B Of $7.5B TV Deal Close To 10M Watch Friendly Match Bundesliga Limits Multi Investments EPL Fans To Protest Over Ticket Prices ICC CEO Says Team Increase Unlikely
SBD Global/April 18, 2014/FranchisesPrint All
National Rugby League side Canterbury Bulldogs "has received the government's go-ahead" for a A$100M ($93M) project "to transform its premises at Belmore into a six-star hotel and create new revenue streams that should guarantee the financial security and strength of the Bulldogs," according to Daniel Lane of the SYDNEY MORNING HERALD. The redevelopment will include:
- Changing the club's current L-shaped structure into a "U";
- Constructing a new wing, which would include a six-star hotel, the only such hotel in the city's south-west;
- Refurbishment of existing facilities;
- Allocating A$20M to dig for five underground levels to accommodate 400 new car spaces;
- Building a 1,000-seat function/conference center.