Clubs Fight To Hold Onto EPL Riches Close To 1.5M Watch Heavyweight Fight West Brom Takeover Moves Closer Executive Transactions Schalke Looking To Extend Gazprom Deal Thai Businessman Only Wants AC Milan ACT To Investigate Multi-Sport Ticket Names In The News Anurag Thakur Slams ICC Chair Srinivasan Canal+ Acquires America's Cup Rights
SBD Global/April 18, 2014/FranchisesPrint All
National Rugby League side Canterbury Bulldogs "has received the government's go-ahead" for a A$100M ($93M) project "to transform its premises at Belmore into a six-star hotel and create new revenue streams that should guarantee the financial security and strength of the Bulldogs," according to Daniel Lane of the SYDNEY MORNING HERALD. The redevelopment will include:
- Changing the club's current L-shaped structure into a "U";
- Constructing a new wing, which would include a six-star hotel, the only such hotel in the city's south-west;
- Refurbishment of existing facilities;
- Allocating A$20M to dig for five underground levels to accommodate 400 new car spaces;
- Building a 1,000-seat function/conference center.