Tycoon Bails Out Russian Football Norwich City Signs Mobile Gaming Partner IAAF Dismisses Doping Claims NFL On Track For London Franchise Executive Transactions EWS Stays On As Naming-Rights Partner Names In The News Ronaldo, Neymar Star In PokerStars Ad TV3 Interested In Olympics Rights NeuLion Announces Q2 Revenue Of $22.7M
SBD Global/April 18, 2014/FranchisesPrint All
National Rugby League side Canterbury Bulldogs "has received the government's go-ahead" for a A$100M ($93M) project "to transform its premises at Belmore into a six-star hotel and create new revenue streams that should guarantee the financial security and strength of the Bulldogs," according to Daniel Lane of the SYDNEY MORNING HERALD. The redevelopment will include:
- Changing the club's current L-shaped structure into a "U";
- Constructing a new wing, which would include a six-star hotel, the only such hotel in the city's south-west;
- Refurbishment of existing facilities;
- Allocating A$20M to dig for five underground levels to accommodate 400 new car spaces;
- Building a 1,000-seat function/conference center.