Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/February 26, 2014/Leagues and Governing Bodies
Australian Football League, Power Clubs Ready For Equalization Showdown
Published February 26, 2014
- A $0.50 on the dollar tax on clubs "breaking the new football department spending cap."
- The "rapid phasing out" of Sydney's cost-of-living allowance.
- The "removal of the playing veterans' allowance" -- a move which would have stripped A$1M ($900,000) from Geelong's salary cap last season.
- Another "significant pay increase across the board" for players.
- A tax on the wealthier club revenues, which would "hit hard on clubs such as Collingwood, Hawthorn and West Coast."
- An AFL undertaking "not to burden the other 16 clubs in any funding increase" to GWS and the Gold Coast.
- The early purchase of Etihad Stadium to "lift that financial burden from the Bulldogs, St Kilda and North Melbourne" (SMH, 2/26).