Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
SBD Global/August 26, 2013/Olympics
Indian Olympic Association Rejects International Olympic Committee's Chargesheet Clause
Published August 26, 2013
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: IANS reported IOC observer Francisco Elizalde said he was "not 100 percent happy" with the suspended IOA, at its meeting, rejecting the clause relating to barring chargesheeted officials from holding post or running for office. Elizalde, the 81-year-old Filipino, who is also a member of the IOC ethics commission said, "The sanctions against those who are chargesheeted, as proposed by the IOC, was not accepted. So I am not 100 percent happy if you go by the book." Elizalde "remained non-committal" when asked if India, which was suspended last year by the IOC, can soon return to the Olympic fold. Elizalde: "I cannot commit myself. But what I can say is that chances are improving" (IANS, 8/25). The PTI reported acting IOA CEO V. K. Malhotra on Sunday said that he did not attend the special general body meeting of the IOA "as he was not involved in the May 15 Lausanne meeting between the IOC and Indian officials" (PTI, 8/25).
GUN BATTLE: IANS reported the National Rifle Association of India "was barred from attending" the general body meeting of the suspended IOA. The NRAI is fighting a legal battle in Delhi High Court "which ruled the sporting body's elections held April 6 as null and void" (IANS, 8/25).