Currency Converter

Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).

From:
To:
 

SBD Global/August 6, 2013/People and Pop Culture

Ronaldo's Reported Contract Extension Would Make Him Spain's Highest-Paid Footballer

CRISTIANO RONALDO will remain in Real Madrid through '18, according to Carlos Carpio of MARCA. Real Madrid President FLORENTINO PEREZ "fulfilled his promise and the contract extension was completed a month ago." The deal will make Ronaldo "Spain's highest-paid footballer," with a salary of €17M ($22.5M). Ronaldo has two more years left on his current contract. In Ronaldo's previous contract, he held 60% of his image rights, with Real Madrid retaining the remaining 40%, but Ronaldo "will increase that percentage." Real Madrid is "reserving the right to guarantee itself some kind of economic return on the investment" (MARCA, 8/5). Ronaldo said, "The situation still hasn't been resolved and I don't think now is the time to talk about it. Perhaps we will be able to give more concrete news about this further down the line, but now the only thing is to train and work" (AS, 8/5).
Return to top

Related Topics:

Europe, People and Pop Culture

Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug