Gold Coast Fined For Salary Cap Breach NZRU Cancels Match In Singapore McIlroy Takes Time To Focus On Lawsuit Stadium Roof Would Cost Up To $307M Broadcasters Chase Former AFL Player Top 14 Narrows Host List For SemiFinal West Indies Women Focused On Cricket SA Denies Interest In Hosting AFCON TdF Stage Could Be Held In Arras Lawyers To Meet AFL Essendon Players
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/June 14, 2013/Events and Attractions
MLB Officials Indicate Next Year's Australian Opening Series Won't Be A One-Off Event
Published June 14, 2013
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
IN THE WORKS: In Sydney, Proszenko reported the MLB, the Australian Baseball League and Destination New South Wales have "been working on the project for several years." The negotiations have been "a highly guarded secret, with MLB officials threatening to scupper the deal if details were made public." Sydney-based sports event-marketing firm Moore Sports Dir Jason Moore said, "This will be the biggest sporting event in Sydney since the 2003 Rugby World Cup final." The move to Australia marks "just the sixth time that a series [has] been played outside the U.S., with three previously played in Japan" (SMH, 6/13). Australia Sport Minister Graham Annesley said, "The SCG will be transformed into an MLB field, with the construction of an infield clay area, pitcher's mound, dugouts and additional grandstand" (Sydney DAILY TELEGRAPH, 6/13).