Hangin' With ... Mark Noonan 'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write LFC Film DHL, Bayern To Expand Into New Markets FFT Extends Roland Garros TV Contract Sky Records $2B Profit Hull Owners Accused Of 'Acting Vindictively' Franchise Cricket Launching In England FanDuel Partners With Opta EPL Hunting For Global Media Agency Pacers, Nuggets Will Face Off In London
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
SBD Global/April 17, 2013/Media
NBC Plan Calls For On Air, Online Broadcast Of All 380 EPL Matches During '13-14 Season
Published April 17, 2013
- All 380 matches will be presented live on TV with studio pre- and post-game coverage.
- All 380 matches will be streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Games not aired on a designated NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors via Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network.
- On Championship Sunday -- May 11, 2014 -- all 10 Premier League matches will be available live on a different NBCUniversal channel.
- There will be 76 Spanish-language telecasts, 10 on Telemundo, 66 on Mun2.
- More than 600 hours of Premier League original programming.
A STEP UP: SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's Richard Deitsch reported a source said that NBCUniversal's winning bid was $250M for a three-year agreement, "more than triple" the $23M per year that Fox currently pays for its deal (SI, 4/16). In London, Andrew Edgecliffe-Johnson reported EPL CEO Richard Scudamore said the deal with NBC "will be a step-change in audience." Scudamore: "The big shift is going from niche sports channels to broadcast" (FINANCIAL TIMES, 4/16).