Quote of the Day
"I was told very early on that a gentleman never speaks about last night or money."-- F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone, dodging confirmation on the value of the circuit's sponsorship deal with Emirates reported to be $200M. (THE NATIONAL, 2/5)
Emirates Airlines Tuesday announced a five-year sponsorship of F1 in a deal with F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone "understood to be worth as much as" $200M, according to Meenaghan & Cronin of THE NATIONAL. The announcement marks Emirates' "first foray into elite motorsport for seven years and will result in the airline's branding appearing at 15 races this season."
Indian tax authorities surprise BCCI with $433M bill.
Top sponsors Nike, adidas keeping close eye on match-fixing probe.
Liverpool Champions League match suspected of being fixed, report claims.
Rafael Nadal leaves IMG as he readies for return to competition.
American, int'l football top recipients of beer sponsors' largesse.
German handball club HSV Hamburg restructures to attract new investors.
PCB chairman claims elements in cricket want to keep Pakistan "isolated."
Bristol City unveils "ambitious" plan for $63M renovation of home ground.
Mineirão Stadium operator fined $500K over opening-game snafus.
- F1 Signs Five-Year Deal With Emirates
- Nike, Adidas Monitor Match-Fixing Ordeal
- Beer Sponsorships Hit $1.4B Globally
- Nadal Lets IMG Deal Expire
- Mercedes F1 Teams Up With BlackBerry
- Nike, Morrisons Launch Weve Mobile Ads
- Palmeiras Working To Keep Kia
- West Ham Agrees To Deal With Alpari
- England's Yorkshire Tea Deal Questioned
- Marketplace Roundup