Paderborn Upset With Bundesliga Club Dresden Signs New Stadium-Rights Deal Serbia Complains About Kosovo Recognition Infront, 24 ORE Group Partner With FIGC UEFA Gives Euro 2016 Hosts $25.3M UEFA, CAF Presidents Declare Peace Football Notes Bayer To Pay Back Sponsorship Money DEB, Sport1 Extend Deal Until '17-18 Sky's CL Broadcast Attracts Top Ratings
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/November 30, 2012/International Football
German Football Officials Disagree With Platini's Idea For Europa, Champions League
Published November 30, 2012
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
- Hannover 96 Sport Dir Jörg Schmadtke: "It is pretty dull and a waste. We are very happy with the Europa League."
- Borussia Dortmund coach Jürgen Klopp: "I don't think anything of it. I don't have the impression that the Champions League or the Europa League need a reformation. It is just as stupid as combining the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga."
- Borussia Mönchengladbach coach Lucien Favre: "It is dangerous if always the same teams compete in the Champions League. This would make the rich even richer and the gap between the clubs would widen."
- VfB Stuttgart Sport Dir Fredi Bobic: "Should you still call it Champions League then? If you integrate the Europa League into the Champions League then it is more like a Europa League."
- Schalke Manager Horst Heldt: "Fundamentally, the Champions League is supposed to stay the top club competition."
- Bayer Leverkusen Sport Dir Rudi Völler: "You shouldn't immediately condemn the idea and listen to it for now. The importance for the Bundesliga is how many teams will participate in the Champions League."
- Bayern Munich President Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "We are no friends of the idea to replace quality with quantity. We are against scrapping the Europa League and especially against increasing the number of teams in the Champions League."