Sky Looking To Add To Sports Portfolio ECA, EPFL Reject FIFPro Transfer Demands Africa United Behind Sepp Blatter DFL CEO Cautions Bundesliga To Beware Football Notes Danish FA Wants Special Court DFL CEO Says New Stadium Necessary ZDF Attracts Millions To Biathlon Races ARD, ZDF Pay $488M For World Cup Rights Blatter Calls On UEFA To Challenge Him
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
SBD Global/November 30, 2012/International Football
German Football Officials Disagree With Platini's Idea For Europa, Champions League
Published November 30, 2012
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
- Hannover 96 Sport Dir Jörg Schmadtke: "It is pretty dull and a waste. We are very happy with the Europa League."
- Borussia Dortmund coach Jürgen Klopp: "I don't think anything of it. I don't have the impression that the Champions League or the Europa League need a reformation. It is just as stupid as combining the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga."
- Borussia Mönchengladbach coach Lucien Favre: "It is dangerous if always the same teams compete in the Champions League. This would make the rich even richer and the gap between the clubs would widen."
- VfB Stuttgart Sport Dir Fredi Bobic: "Should you still call it Champions League then? If you integrate the Europa League into the Champions League then it is more like a Europa League."
- Schalke Manager Horst Heldt: "Fundamentally, the Champions League is supposed to stay the top club competition."
- Bayer Leverkusen Sport Dir Rudi Völler: "You shouldn't immediately condemn the idea and listen to it for now. The importance for the Bundesliga is how many teams will participate in the Champions League."
- Bayern Munich President Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "We are no friends of the idea to replace quality with quantity. We are against scrapping the Europa League and especially against increasing the number of teams in the Champions League."