Bayern Partners With Columbia Univ. Infront Owner Wanda Looking To Grow CL Qualifier Draws Over 6M On ZDF Players Call For Improved Scheduling NRL Weighs Football-Style Transfer Window Asian Tour Merger Will Be 'Game Changer' Dollar's Rising Value Impacting Liga MX Heineken Becomes Europa League Partner Telekom Draws 11K To BBL Broadcasts Former Driver Predicts Closed Cockpits
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
SBD Global/November 27, 2012/Leagues and Governing Bodies
F1 Plans For Future Without Bernie Ecclestone, Interim CEO Plan Already In Place
Published November 27, 2012
WANT MORE GREAT STORIES LIKE THIS?
CLICK ON ONE OF THESE BUTTONS
NO PLANS TO RETIRE: In London, Milmo & Sylt reported Ecclestone insisted that "he had no plans to retire, but warned that the sport risks being thrown into turmoil when he decides to give up the wheel because of the likelihood he will be followed out the door by key personnel and several races." Ecclestone said, "One day, I'm not going to be there, and one of the biggest problems is I've got really, really good relationships with the race promoters. A few of them said to me, 'if you're not there, we're not there.' That's what the danger is. They feel that they trust me and wouldn't want to let me down. That's probably a very important issue. I think about retiring but I'm not going to do it. What would I do?" Asked about the accusations against him, the 82-year-old said he is "absolutely not guilty" of paying a bribe and the banker had been "shaking him down" (INDEPENDENT, 11/24).