Levy On Bookmakers Comes Into Force Sharapova To Get Qualifying Wild Card Players Weigh In On FFA Academy Debate William Hill Removes Rival's Logos In Ads Court Hears Third Day Of Evidence In Rangers Case UBS Urges Nine To Ax Cricket Coverage Video Evidence In Golf To Be Limited F1 Will 'Struggle' With Rules, Renault Dir Says Executive Transactions Names In The News
SBD Global/August 14, 2012/International FootballPrint All
UEFA has issued its UEFA Champions league revenue distribution system for the upcoming season. The estimated gross commercial revenue from the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Super Cup is €1.34B ($1.65B). As was the case for the '09-12 period, of that estimated gross commercial revenue, €55M ($67.9M) will be allocated exclusively to the play-off rounds. Each of the 20 teams taking part in the playoffs will receive a fixed amount of €2.1M ($2.6M). Furthermore, a contribution of €40M ($49.4M) will be made from the UEFA Champions League club share to the UEFA Europa League club share. In addition, €3M ($3.7M) from the club share will be designated to subsidize the solidarity amounts for teams that are eliminated in the qualifying phase of the '12-13 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. Some 75% of the total revenue generated from media rights and commercial contracts by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530M ($654M), will go to teams, while the remaining 25% will be reserved for European football and remain with UEFA. UEFA will use the money to cover organizational and administrative costs and solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues. All 32 clubs taking part in the '12-13 UEFA Champions League group stage can anticipate a minimum of €8.6M ($10.6M). The team that wins the competition next spring could collect €37.4M ($46.2M), not counting the market pool share. Each of the 32 clubs featured in the group stage will collect a base fee of €8.6M. Performance bonuses will also see those teams receive €1M ($1.2M) for a win and €500,000 ($617,000) for a draw in the group stage. The squads that reach the round of 16 can also expect to receive an additional €3.5M ($4.3M) each, the quarter-finalists €3.9M ($4.8M) and the semi-finalists €4.9M ($6M). The winners of the competition will pick up €10.5M ($13M) and the runners-up €6.5M ($8M) (UEFA).