Umbro To Outfit Bournemouth Joshua Teams Up With Varied Sponsors EPL Execs Block Southampton Takeover Coates Issues Apology For Comments Newport County Expects To Stay, Ops Chair Says Scottish Golf Develops Support Program Saracens Cleared To Build $26M Stand Liverpool Reveals 125th Anniversary Kit Police To Use Facial Recognition Software Investec To Extend The Derby Deal
Enter amount in full numerical value, without currency symbol or commas (ex: 3000000).
Upcoming Conferences and Events
May 31 - Jun 1
SBD Global/August 2, 2012/Olympics
Eight Badminton Players Tossed From Games Over Match-Throwing Scandal
Published August 2, 2012
NO REFUNDS: In London, Macartney & Naughton wrote that LOCOG Chair Sebastian Coe described the alleged match-throwing as “depressing” and “unacceptable.” Coe added that spectators "will not be offered refunds on their tickets." Coe said, “The sadness of it is I was actually at the badminton yesterday and I saw a British competitor narrowly fail to progress but the games were incredibly competitive in front of really large enthusiastic audiences -- unacceptable. I know the [World Badminton Federation] really well, and they will take that really seriously. It is unacceptable” (LONDON TIMES, 8/1). The London GUARDIAN reported that LOCOG CEO Paul Deighton reiterated that fans would not be offered refunds. He said that spectators "had been able to watch another match in the session." He added: "You get in to all sorts of strange precedents if people aren't satisfied with what they see -- it is very grey and dangerous territory" (GUARDIAN, 8/1).