Finish Line's Earnings Drop In Q4 Wheaties Ads Spotlight Legendary Bowler Airbnb Signs On For '16 Games MLS Reaches TV Deal With Brazil's Globosat NCAA Tourney Continues Record Ratings National Women's Hockey League Created TaylorMade-Adidas Golf CEO Steps Down Unions, Inglewood NFL Developers Reach Deal Classified Advertisements Grassroots Approach Spurred United's MLS Expansion
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 3, 2014
The BOSTON GLOBE's Mark Arsenault writes the dozen or so venues that were built for the '96 Summer Games in greater Atlanta "hold lessons for Boston -- of what worked and what can go wrong -- as the city flirts with a bid" for the '24 Summer Games. Olympic legacies "can include leftover sports venues that become white elephants once the Olympic flame is put out."
- Fox Sports' Michael Strahan "still in spotlight" amid his Pro Football HOF induction.
- Why the Broncos' Pat Bowlen "clearly has been a Hall of Fame-caliber contributor."
- Have college athletics become "distorted by the temptations of the marketplace?"
- The Field of Dreams remains "accessible to a public that has turned it into a shrine."
- Jets DL Leger Douzable has "spent the last four years preparing" for a media job.
- Catching up with the "legendary radio voice" of the Bills for 37 years, Van Miller.
- Ex-Celtics players see Boston's dubious legacy of race relations "in context of history."