MSG Net Sets Rangers Rating Record NBA Announces Sock Deal With Stance NBC Sports Live Extra On Apple TV, Roku New Group Looks To Build Seattle Area Durant Stars In Sonic Drive-In Ads ESPN Files Suit Against Verizon Klay Thompson Endorses ShotTracker NBA/ABC, NASCAR/Fox See Gains Protests Erupt Outside Of Camden Yards Bettman: "Katy Perry" Chants Not Sexist
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 3, 2014
The BOSTON GLOBE's Mark Arsenault writes the dozen or so venues that were built for the '96 Summer Games in greater Atlanta "hold lessons for Boston -- of what worked and what can go wrong -- as the city flirts with a bid" for the '24 Summer Games. Olympic legacies "can include leftover sports venues that become white elephants once the Olympic flame is put out."
- Fox Sports' Michael Strahan "still in spotlight" amid his Pro Football HOF induction.
- Why the Broncos' Pat Bowlen "clearly has been a Hall of Fame-caliber contributor."
- Have college athletics become "distorted by the temptations of the marketplace?"
- The Field of Dreams remains "accessible to a public that has turned it into a shrine."
- Jets DL Leger Douzable has "spent the last four years preparing" for a media job.
- Catching up with the "legendary radio voice" of the Bills for 37 years, Van Miller.
- Ex-Celtics players see Boston's dubious legacy of race relations "in context of history."