Hendrick, Childress Highlight NASCAR HOF Induction Packer Late To Atlanta After Flight Complications NASCAR To Announce Format Changes To Cup Series DirecTV Now Adds 200,000 Subscribers In December UT Selects Turnkey To Find Next AD Colts Fire GM Ryan Grigson, Keep Chuck Pagano Michael Goldberg Passes Away At 73 Fitz And The Tantrums Perform At PGA Event Gregg Popovich Blasts President Trump Race Of Champions Makes North American Debut
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published July 20, 2014
The WASHINGTON POST's Sally Jenkins notes her father, Golf Digest's Dan Jenkins, did not attend this week's British Open, which "constitutes not just a concession, but some kind of historical event, because the last time he was absent from a major the club heads were made of persimmon, and not every Tour wife was a blonde." Before this weekend, Dan had attended 45 straight British Opens and 179 straight majors for either Golf Digest or SI.
The S.F. CHRONICLE's Al Saracevic writes the entire Bay Area is "suffering from a bad case of SFS, also known as 'Stadium Fatigue Syndrome.'" Saracevic: "A day barely goes by without another stadium-related headline, touting someone's new castle or another threat to leave. Sports fans like sports. Not commercial real estate."
- Former NFLers "make difficult choice in opposing concussion settlement."
- The possible fallout if the plaintiffs in the Ed O'Bannon trial were to win.
- TNT's Charles Barkley has evolved into a "true humanitarian."
- Behind the scenes at the famous Manning Passing Academy.
- The World Cup offered Brazil lessons for the upcoming '16 Rio Games.
- Fans "flock to Comerica Park like they never did before at Tiger Stadium."