NFL Owners Approve Raiders Relocation Panthers Deny Report On Ownership Jose Canseco Named A's Studio Analyst FIS To Assist MiLB With Loyalty Program JetBlue Renews Red Sox Deal Through '30 15SOF Reaches Deal With Big Ten Network Buss Family Feud Appears To Be Over Fox Down For NASCAR At Fontana Stephen Ross Interested In Miami Open NFL Announces Changes To Executive Structure
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published March 16, 2014
The BOSTON GLOBE's Bob Hohler writes more than three decades on from a point-shaving scheme involving Boston College's '78-79 men's basketball team, the incident "still affects the accused" and current players. The scandal occured when former BC player Rick Kuhn "fell in with the notorious 'Goodfellas' gangster Henry Hill in a plot to manipulate the outcome of BC basketball games for corrupt gamblers."
- Casual sexism in the NHL is a "constant hum that teams not only tolerate, but generate."
- For one Univ. of Maryland beat reporter, last week marked a "goodbye to Greensboro."
- The Astros work to help their Latin American players "assimilate into American culture."
- College football currently "has no soul, long ago having sold it to television networks."
- MLB teams are making decisions "entirely different from those central to 'Moneyball.'"
- Boston Univ. forced to investigate bullying complaints against women's hoops coach.