Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published March 16, 2014
The BOSTON GLOBE's Bob Hohler writes more than three decades on from a point-shaving scheme involving Boston College's '78-79 men's basketball team, the incident "still affects the accused" and current players. The scandal occured when former BC player Rick Kuhn "fell in with the notorious 'Goodfellas' gangster Henry Hill in a plot to manipulate the outcome of BC basketball games for corrupt gamblers."
- Casual sexism in the NHL is a "constant hum that teams not only tolerate, but generate."
- For one Univ. of Maryland beat reporter, last week marked a "goodbye to Greensboro."
- The Astros work to help their Latin American players "assimilate into American culture."
- College football currently "has no soul, long ago having sold it to television networks."
- MLB teams are making decisions "entirely different from those central to 'Moneyball.'"
- Boston Univ. forced to investigate bullying complaints against women's hoops coach.