A-B Departs As Team USA Sponsor MLS Wraps Up Media/Marketing Tour MLB Continues Collaboration With Mayors Ganassi Lands Credit One As Sponsor NAPA To Sponsor Rossi's IndyCar Ride Price Chopper To Sponsor Royals Under Armour Signs Fournette As Endorser TD Ameritrade Not Returning As USOC Sponsor Warriors Hold Lavish Arena Groundbreaking Bell, Zenkel Among NBC Sports Promotions
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published March 16, 2014
The BOSTON GLOBE's Bob Hohler writes more than three decades on from a point-shaving scheme involving Boston College's '78-79 men's basketball team, the incident "still affects the accused" and current players. The scandal occured when former BC player Rick Kuhn "fell in with the notorious 'Goodfellas' gangster Henry Hill in a plot to manipulate the outcome of BC basketball games for corrupt gamblers."
- Casual sexism in the NHL is a "constant hum that teams not only tolerate, but generate."
- For one Univ. of Maryland beat reporter, last week marked a "goodbye to Greensboro."
- The Astros work to help their Latin American players "assimilate into American culture."
- College football currently "has no soul, long ago having sold it to television networks."
- MLB teams are making decisions "entirely different from those central to 'Moneyball.'"
- Boston Univ. forced to investigate bullying complaints against women's hoops coach.