U.S. Fans Abound For WWC Final LeBron Praised For Role In Apatow's "Trainwreck" MLS Eyeing St. Paul For Expansion Club Angels Bad PR Continues With Dipoto Exit NBA Free Agency Begins With Money Flying Expectations High For NASCAR On NBC NBC Lands New Advertisers For Race Coverage Going Off The Grid Steelers Exploring '23 Super Bowl Bid GT To Benefit Financially From Ireland Game
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published September 29, 2013
BUZZFEED.com's Steve Kandell wrote of ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, "To some, he’s an endlessly illuminating source of sports-business infotainment, a self-styled reporter for the social media age; to others, he is the embodiment of corporate greed and cultural ruin." In short, Rovell has become "sports media's biggest lightning rod."
- Hocker HOFer Bobby Orr dishes on life ahead of his autobiography's release.
- Heat F Chris Andersen is putting his catfishing scandal behind him.
- The Redskins' nickname debate comes down to a divide on basic issues.
- The America's Cup is considering imposing nationality rules in future years.
- Longtime Pirates employees reflect on the club's past glory days.
- Athletes use Twitter both for self-expression and self-promotion.