Nike Could Beat Q2 Expectations St. Pete Council To Vote On Rays Constellation, NHL Reach Sponsorship Deal NYC FC, YES To Announce TV Deal Las Vegas Stadium Plan Approved Silver: "Great Chance" Of All-Star In Charlotte Judge Rejects NCAA Concussion Settlement Judge Dismisses NFL Painkiller Lawsuit MLB "Monitoring" U.S.-Cuba Relations Nationwide Increasing NHL All-Star Presence
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published September 29, 2013
BUZZFEED.com's Steve Kandell wrote of ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, "To some, he’s an endlessly illuminating source of sports-business infotainment, a self-styled reporter for the social media age; to others, he is the embodiment of corporate greed and cultural ruin." In short, Rovell has become "sports media's biggest lightning rod."
- Hocker HOFer Bobby Orr dishes on life ahead of his autobiography's release.
- Heat F Chris Andersen is putting his catfishing scandal behind him.
- The Redskins' nickname debate comes down to a divide on basic issues.
- The America's Cup is considering imposing nationality rules in future years.
- Longtime Pirates employees reflect on the club's past glory days.
- Athletes use Twitter both for self-expression and self-promotion.