Fanatics Eyes Big Cyber Monday Sales Owens, Young Star In Wendy's Campaign Broncos Refute Kroenke Ownership Rumors Ticket Prices Soar As Kobe Announces Retirement Report: Nichols Back To ESPN MLB Sets New Mark For Playoff Pay NHL Overnight Up On Black Friday Glendale Reports Losses From Hosting Super Bowl Ex-NHL COO Collins Takes New Position Rutgers Fires Embattled AD Hermann
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published September 29, 2013
BUZZFEED.com's Steve Kandell wrote of ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, "To some, he’s an endlessly illuminating source of sports-business infotainment, a self-styled reporter for the social media age; to others, he is the embodiment of corporate greed and cultural ruin." In short, Rovell has become "sports media's biggest lightning rod."
- Hocker HOFer Bobby Orr dishes on life ahead of his autobiography's release.
- Heat F Chris Andersen is putting his catfishing scandal behind him.
- The Redskins' nickname debate comes down to a divide on basic issues.
- The America's Cup is considering imposing nationality rules in future years.
- Longtime Pirates employees reflect on the club's past glory days.
- Athletes use Twitter both for self-expression and self-promotion.