Gretzky To Play Role In NHL Centennial Plans Dr. J Sells Rights To Name, Image NFL Viewership Continues Rocky Start To '16 Bucks President Apologizes To Milwaukee For Comments Angels May Play Out Current Lease At Angel Stadium USOC Gets Nearly $300M If L.A. Lands '24 Games NHL's Daly Hopes World Cup Back Every Four Years Florida AD Stricklin Tasked With Facility Fundraising FC Cincinnati Helps USL Attendance Jump 33% Registration Still Open For NeuLion Sports Media & Technology
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published September 22, 2013
YAHOO SPORTS' Kevin Iole wrote under the header, "Mayweather-Alvarez Promotion Did Everything Right And Reaped The Benefits." Golden Boy, Showtime and Mayweather created "perhaps the finest promotion in boxing history," and the "same formula that worked for Mayweather-Alvarez can and will work again."
- UConn AD Warde Manuel found an ally in Bo Schembechler.
- A detailed look at the planned Nassau Coliseum renovations.
- Comedian Jeff Garlin offers ten thoughts on the Bears and TV.
- SI's Oklahoma State series shows why "sportswriters can't be fans."
- New Yorkers look to rent their homes to Super Bowl XLVIII attendees.