Wasserman L.A. Committee OKs Mayor Signing Bid Contract Danica Patrick Renews Healthcare Partnership DraftKings Breaking Ad Campaign ESPN Adding New College Sports Service Mariners Fire GM Jack Zduriencik 49ers Take Another Image Hit With Brooks Charge Yahoo's Forde Balances CFB, Daughter's Swim Meet Russell Wilson Clarifies Water Comments Dolphins Unveil Sun Life Stadium Renovations
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published September 22, 2013
YAHOO SPORTS' Kevin Iole wrote under the header, "Mayweather-Alvarez Promotion Did Everything Right And Reaped The Benefits." Golden Boy, Showtime and Mayweather created "perhaps the finest promotion in boxing history," and the "same formula that worked for Mayweather-Alvarez can and will work again."
- UConn AD Warde Manuel found an ally in Bo Schembechler.
- A detailed look at the planned Nassau Coliseum renovations.
- Comedian Jeff Garlin offers ten thoughts on the Bears and TV.
- SI's Oklahoma State series shows why "sportswriters can't be fans."
- New Yorkers look to rent their homes to Super Bowl XLVIII attendees.