Vegas PGA Tour Event Adding "Dayclub" Arizona State To Build Student-Athlete Center Panthers Place Greg Hardy On Exempt List CBS' Moonves: NFL Problems Spiked Ratings PepsiCo CEO Backs Goodell Amid Scandals Winter X Games Looks To Add Concerts, Alcohol Detroit Approves $450M For Arena Bonds NHL Panthers Vow To Stay In South Florida ESPN Allows Panelists To Speak Their Mind NHL Decides Against Selling Jersey Ads
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.