Glendale Must Make Coyotes Payment New All-Star Roster Reveal For MLB PGA Tour Up On CBS, Golf Channel Poem As Part Of MLB All-Star Game NASCAR Developing Scripted Show Boston 2024 Unveils Bid 2.0 New Boston Bid U.S.-China Draws 5.7 Million Viewers To Fox Discovery Lands European Oly Rights Through '24 Red Wings Form "Deconstructed Arena" Concept
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.