Vikings Play First Game In New Venue Triple-A Team Turns Ballpark Into Golf Course ArenaBowl XXIX Draws Crowd Of 13,390 IndyCar Gets Thrilling Finish At Texas CSN Chicago Carrying Scully's Cubs-Dodgers Call Kaepernick Refuses To Stand For National Anthem T'Wolves, Lynx Unveil New Scoreboard Fox Sports Australia To Show Pac-12 Games Cal-Hawaii Draws Strong Crowd In Sydney PGA Tour Happy With Live Streams
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.