Rogers Announces NHL On-Air Talent Snickers Launches First Ad With Manziel NFL Toughens Domestic Violence Policy Navy Unveils Alternate White Uniforms Aflac Launching College Football Marketing SBD Seeks Staff Writer Centerplate Publicly Censures, Disciplines CEO Hague Dan Snyder: Redskins Planning New Stadium NHL Faces Obstacles To Potential Expansion Royals' Yost Clarifies Remarks About Crowd
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.