Universal Sports Creates Boston Marathon Videos Daktronics Building EverBank Field Displays Paul Simon On Joe DiMaggio Encounter Knicks To Own/Operate D-League Team Bud Light Hotel Headed To Final Four Overnight Ratings Lions Owner William Clay Ford Dies At 88 Oakland Teams Still Searching For New Venues U.S. Likely To Set World Cup Attendance Record Lions Ownership Staying In Ford Family
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.