Classified Advertisements Runner's World Publisher Talks Boston Marathon UFC Projected To Sell Out In Orlando Emmert Defends Scholarship Values, Insurance Plan New Bucks Owners Open To Local Investors Bengals, County Reach Stadium Upgrades Deal Bettman Praises Shanahan's League Office Work Dierdorf Joins Michigan Booth For Football Louisville, Adidas Ink Five-Year Extension SBJ In-Depth: Action Sports
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.