Sunoco Debuts "Essence Of Racing" Campaign Executive Transactions Isiah Thomas Expected Backlash Over Hiring FanDuel Brings On Most Of Zynga Sports Team Georgia Approves Increased Athletic Budget Kentucky Adding Ribbon Boards At Rupp IndyCar Ponders How To Attract Fans Long Term Jeff Gordon Hired As Full-Time Analyst For Fox Danica's Sponsorship Status To Be Telling For NASCAR Classified Advertisements
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.