Executive Transactions Red Wings To Market New Venue At Comerica Sterling, Ballmer Meet About Clippers Sale NASCAR's France Calls RTA Unnecessary ESPN Up For MLB Telecasts At Midpoint Manziel Tops All Individual NFL Jersey Sales SBJ/SBD Seek Hockey/Soccer Beat Writer NFL Draft Leaving N.Y. Just A One-Time Deal? Names In The News Bowlsby Speaks Of Bleak College Landscape
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.