Whitfield Out Of Running For NBPA Exec Dir Twitter Me This.... Danica Patrick Hosting ACAs On Fox Nashville Set To Approve Sounds Ballpark CSN Chicago's Jim Corno Dies At Age 66 Chris Paul, Son Star In Kids Foot Locker Ad Bobcats To Unveil Hornets Brand Dec. 21 Anniversary: SBD Celebrates 20 Years Marvin Miller Again Falls Short of HOF Vote Super Bowl Organizers Unveil Mass Transit Plan
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.