Beckham Jr. Endorsing Head & Shoulders Legends Matches Draw Big At Connecticut Open Adidas Releasing U.S. Open Shoes Louisville Eyes $55M Stadium Expansion Tokyo Games To Stick With Logo L.A. Council Set To Discuss '24 Games Bid McKay Reinstated To NFL Committee Voya Ties Video Series To U.S. Open Red Bulls Partner With Experience Players' Tribune Launching Digital Series
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.