Judge Orders Goodell, Brady In Court Twice Lucchino Stepping Down From Red Sox IndyCar Drivers Want Racing At The Forefront Twitter Me This HOF Will Allow Seau's Daughter To Speak HOFers Steal The Show In NBA's Africa Exhibition MWR Co-Owner Kauffman Eyes More Competitive Teams Rousey Remains Dominant At UFC 190 Ad Exec To IOC: Focus On Mobile Content Quick Hits
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.