Bucks Sold To Wesley Edens, Marc Lasry Michael King Staging First Boxing Card Tonight's Events A Lighter Buzz '47 Brand Launching New Campaign Anti-Drunk Driving Effort To Sponsor Race Bryce Harper Stars In Gatorade Spot podcast ESPN, Turner Launching NBA Playoff Ads Astros Launch App For In-Stadium Upgrade
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.