MLB Network Absorbing MLB Productions Boston Mayor Makes Case For '24 Games CBS, Turner Unveil Tourney Talent Mark Rachesky Is Newest Hawks Bidder Octagon's Baseball Unit Adds Three Agents Polaris Ranger To Sponsor PRCA Lightning Plan More Arena Upgrades Classified Advertisements UFC Meets With New York Legislators Minding My Business With PSE's Mike Donnay
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.