SEC Title Game Audience Down MLB Distributes $77M In Playoff Pay A-B InBev's Busch Brand Gets Super Bowl Ad Chargers Have Contacted L.A. Coliseum Ferrell To Star In E-Sports Comedy Fox To Broadcast MLS Cup Final In VR Colts-Jets Gets 6.0 Overnight Rating For ESPN Anta, Klay Thompson Negotiating Contract Extension NFLPA Launches New Business Accelerator Cubs' Average Price For Season Tickets Will Rise
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.