Prospective St. Louis MLS Club Offers Renderings NFL Re-Opening Investigation Into Giants' Brown Throwback Download NHL, Union To Assist Players In Retirement NBA Kings Control D-League Bighorns United Airlines To Sponsor Chase Center Cheez-It Not Renewing Current NASCAR Deals UFC Canada Boss Tom Wright Let Go Univ. Of Tennessee Completes Neyland Stadium Study
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.