UGA Progresses Toward Indoor Facility Charter Contacts TWC For Merger Talks Rain Threatens Race In Richmond Reds Celebrating '90 Championship Feld CEO Talks Supercross On Fox NFLPA Could Sue Over Hardy Suspension Comcast Drops Plans To Acquire TWC Luck, Romo Join Mannings To Promote DirecTV Classified Advertisements Kobe Bryant Sells L.A.-Area Mansion
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published August 18, 2013
The N.Y. TIMES' Barry Bearak profiles jockey Russell Baze in a sports section cover story that spans six pages of today's paper. Baze, a 55-year-old veteran of more than 50,000 races, is the "ironman of thoroughbred racing -- Lou Gehrig on a saddle."
- A column "In Defense Of Football" suggests critics exaggerate the risks.
- Sports TV business "now belongs" to companies behind Fox, NBC, ESPN.
- Ravens' player development head on helping players avoid bad decisions.
- Jersey City's FedExCup return offers a "second chance for first impression."
- Coyotes purchase marks the end of "an arduous quest" over four years.