Brain Bank Finds CTE Increase In Former NFLers Classified Advertisements MLB Attendance Flat In '14 Minding My Business: Mariners' Joe Myhra UM President Disappointed In Handling Of QB Situation Jim Crane Committed To Rebuilding Astros NFL Pushes Ahead On Breast Cancer Initiatives TBS Sees Uptick In Wild Card Rating Will Sponsors Drop Phelps After Latest DUI? Tustin Wants To Recoup Angels Ballpark Investment
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Weekend Hot Reads....
Published May 12, 2013
CBSSPORTS.com's Tony Barnhart wrote under the header, "It's Time For Some Of This Big Money To Trickle Down To College Athletes." Barnhart: "We have athletic budgets in excess of $100 million per year and there is NO WAY to give these kids some extra walking around money? ... At some point doesn't somebody in charge get embarrassed that all this money is coming in and the value of an athletic scholarship hasn't changed in 40 years?" (CBSSPORTS.com, 5/10).
- Are heart attacks and heat stroke in sports overlooked due to concussions?
- U.S. Polo Association touts sport's affordability through scholastic program.
- British media devotes untold amounts of space to Alex Ferguson's retirement.
- Kentucky Derby-winning Phipps family is a "distinguished racing clan."
- Does Susannah Collins' firing highlight a double standard in sports media?
- Are Marlins fans staying away to protest the team's offseason trades?
- NFL free agent Brendon Ayanbadejo's path to becoming a gay rights activist.