Featured Story

Final Jeopardy....

Published in SportsBusiness Daily on 01 / 18 / 18

"What is 'Armistice'?"

Read More

More Stories

08/25/03
U.S. Open Fashion Trends

The U.S. Open begins to day in Flushing Meadows, N.Y., and NEWSDAY's Robert Kahn noted this year's event "features a major, much-lauded change from year's past: The men are allowed to wear sleeveless

Tags: ATP, Nike, Subaru, USTA, Wheaties

08/25/03
Magna Acquires AmTote Int'l

Magna Entertainment Corp. (MEC) on Friday acquired a 30% equity and voting interest in pari-mutuel totalisator company AmTote Int'l for $3.8M. The remaining 70% will continue to be held by John Corckr

Tags: Finance, Horse Racing

08/25/03
Canes Owner Seeking Investors

Hurricanes Owner Peter Karmanos said Friday that he is "considering selling part or even all of the hockey team, depending on the outcome of the NHL's coming labor negotiations," according to Luke DeC

Tags: Carolina Hurricanes, Franchises, Hockey, NHL

08/25/03
Facility Notes

ON CAMPUS: In an effort to bring a more "family type" atmosphere, Univ. of Miami football games at the Orange Bowl this season will feature "limited alcohol sales and a larger police presence." The ne

Tags: Baseball, Colleges, Facilities, Football, Minnesota Wild

08/25/03
Jets Amend $50 Waitlist Policy

The Jets on Friday altered their $50 fee to remain on the team's season-ticket waitlist so that the payment will be credited against the eventual purchase of season tickets. Jets President Jay Cross s

Tags: Football, Franchises, New York Jets, NFL

08/25/03
Boston Owners Roundtable

As part of Boston radio station WEEI-AM's fundraiser for the JIMMY FUND Friday, Bruins Owner JEREMY JACOBS, Patriots Owner ROBERT KRAFT, Celtics Owner WYC GROUSBECK and Red Sox Owner JOHN HENRY partic

Tags: Baseball, Basketball, Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Football, Hockey, MLB, New England Patriots, New York Yankees, NHL, People and Pop Culture

08/25/03
Callaway Inks Rusty Wallace

Callaway Golf has signed a multiyear endorsement deal with NASCAR Winston Cup driver Rusty Wallace that will put the company's logo on his uniform sleeve and make it a licensee of Wallace's Penske Sou

Tags: Callaway Golf, Golf, Motorsports, NASCAR

08/25/03
Morning Buzz, August 25, 2003

The Daily Insider Morning News & Headlines Monday, August 25, 2003 9:00am ET Print The Morning Buzz ...

Tags: Morning Buzz

08/25/03
NFL To Expand HD Broadcasts

The NFL's continued extension into high-definition TV was examined by the AP's Alan Robinson, who wrote that for the first time, "every Sunday night and Monday night will be in [HD], as well as a week

Tags: ABC, CBS, DirecTV, ESPN, Football, NFL, Media, Viacom, Walt Disney

08/25/03
WUSA Eyeing Founders Cup IV

The WUSA yesterday held its championship game, Founders Cup III, and the Freedom defeated the Beat, 2-1, in front of a sellout crowd of 7,106 at San Diego's Torero Stadium (WASHINGTON POST, 8/25). In

Tags: AEG, AVP, Leagues and Governing Bodies, MLS, Soccer

Video Powered By - Castfire CMS Powered By - Sitecore

Report a Bug