Quote of the Day
"It felt like a cross between a golf tournament and a carnival. It was unique, incredible."-- Gold Medal-winning British golfer Justin Rose, on the atmosphere in Rio on Sunday. (WALL STREET JOURNAL, 8/15)
The U.S. State Department is "assisting in the investigation" into the incident involving four U.S. swimmers, including Ryan Lochte, being robbed at gunpoint early Sunday morning in Rio, according to ABC's Matt Gutman. Lochte and his teammates -- Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen -- "had apparently been partying" at the France House in Rio when they were pulled over by thieves impersonating police officers. With the "security situation here unlikely to improve" before the end of the Games, the USOC is "reiterating its security protocols to American athletes, reminding them it's probably not a good idea to take a local taxi at 4:00 in the morning” ( “World News Tonight,” ABC, 8/14 ). Meanwhile, Gutman this mor ...
Buffalo-based New Era grabs naming rights for Bills' stadium.
Eagles' Johnson puts the blame on the NFLPA for his 10-game PED suspension.
Rangers mulled canopy for current ballpark prior to pursuing new roofed venue in Arlington.
Sources: Sportradar, Second Spectrum near deal with NBA.
Justin Rose's thrilling victory in Rio solidifies golf's return to the Olympics.
Bridgestone signs on as Olympic Channel's first-ever advertiser.
The NFL and Pepsi deny offering Adele the headline act at next year's Super Bowl halftime show.
- U.S. State Department Looking Into Robbe...
- NBC Covers Robbery At Start Of Primetime...
- NBC's Lazarus Talks Olympic Coverage
- NBC-BuzzFeed Deal Sign Of Corporate Syne...
- Rowdy Gaines Seeing Good Reviews In Rio
- Golf Widely Praised For Olympic Return
- Solo Criticized For Comments After Stunn...
- U.S. Swimming Leaves Rio Medal Heavy
- Phelps Likely To Stay Attractive To Spon...
- Samsung Takes Full Advantage Of Rio Acti...
- Fans Hit Singapore Airport For Schooling...
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand