Quote of the Day
"Our goal is to get people excited about A’s baseball, get them to laugh a little bit and get them intrigued to come out to the ballpark."-- A's C Stephen Vogt, on helping create the team's annual TV spots this year. (THE DAILY)
Villanova's last second win over North Carolina last night in the NCAA Tournament championship game delivered a combined 12.0 overnight across TBS, TNT and truTV. The game was the first-ever title game on cable TV. The 12.0 overnight, which counts the main feed on TBS along with Team Streams on TNT and truTV, is down sharply from a 17.1 overnight on CBS last year for Duke-Wisconsin, which was the best for a title game in 18 years. CBS drew a 12.9 overnight for UConn-Kentucky in '14. While Villanova-UNC was the lowest-rated men's title game since '09, it was not the lowest-rated title game on record. CBS drew below a 12.0 overnight for title games in '09, '06 and '04. Raleigh-Durham drew a 29.9 local rating for the game last night, while Ph ...
Twitter paying $10M for one-year NFL Thursday streaming deal.
Villanova's national title validates new-look Big East, quiets critics.
Indians taking flak for afternoon postponement of Opening Day amid frigid temperatures.
Smoothie King Center is shaking up its security protocol after a breakdown last week.
ISC reports strong Q1 earnings on the back of Daytona Rising.
Bryce Harper channel his inner Donald to get his point across about reinvigorating baseball.
Some MLB teams are letting players write and star in ad campaigns.
SBJ profiles industry's young stars in Forty Under 40 issue.
- Indians Panned For Timing Of Postponemen...
- Fans, Players Happy With MLB Safety Nett...
- Harper Continues "Fun" Mantra With New C...
- ESPN Blacks Out Dodgers Opener In L.A.
- White Sox Ink Deal With Coca-Cola
- Carlos Correa Stars In New H-E-B Spots
- Manfred Promotes New Era At NYSE
- All MLB Teams In Green Sports Alliance
- Brewers Owner On Board With Rebuilding P...
- A's, Mariners, Twins Roll Out New Spots
- White Sox Playing For Reinsdorf
- Social Studies: Mets Social Media Dir Wi...
- ESPN Sunday Night Opener Down From '15