Quote of the Day
"You’re taking the red eye home?"-– NBC’s Matt Lauer, delivering his punch line after the net's Bob Costas noted he is leaving Sochi on Monday. ("Today," NBC, 2/21)
NASCAR and Ogilvy & Mather, N.Y., "will try to challenge the stubborn image of drivers as beer-guzzling good ol' boys as part of a new brand campaign breaking" during Fox' broadcast of the Daytona 500 on Sunday, according to Michael McCarthy of AD AGE. NASCAR VP/Marketing Kim Brink said that Ogilvy's three new spots "are designed to work together to promote" the '14 NASCAR season. One 30-second spot, "Machine," "shows off the athleticism" of drivers Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards and Kasey Kahne. The three are shown "pumping iron, riding bikes, jumping rope and kickboxing," and "interspersed with the shots of the trio's grueling fitness regimens are glamor shots of their respective race cars being prepped for the track." The ad asks, ...
U.S. speedskating, Under Armour renew deal through '22 despite uproar over Sochi suits.
John Tavares' injury has Islanders GM Garth Snow railing against Olympic participation.
DirecTV, NFL making progress in Sunday Ticket negotiations.
The Braves earn kudos for locking up young stars like Craig Kimbrel and Freddie Freeman.
District court judge green-lights O'Bannon case against NCAA, will proceed to trial in June.
Broncos raising season-ticket prices for third straight year.
"Bronx Bombers" to close on Broadway amid dismal ticket sales.
BOSTON mag wonders, "Can John Henry save the Globe?"
- UA Renews With U.S. Speedskating Through...
- USOC Could Relax Its Enforcement Of Rule...
- Isles GM Upset About Tavares' Olympic In...
- NBC Gets Best Second Wednesday Since '02
- P&G, Visa Lauded For Olympic Advertising
- Kimmel Admits Hansen Wolf Video Hoax
- Olympians Hit The Late-Night Talk Show C...
- Olympic Names In The News
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Sochi Bl...