Quote of the Day
"It’s much better than it was in Vancouver. We started in Vancouver with a 17-0 Canada-Slovak game. We have 80,000 girls playing in Canada, and we have maybe 4,000-4,500 playing in Finland, maybe 2,000 in Sweden, and in Switzerland and Russia, if we have 2,000 girls playing that would be a lot. It’s much better, but we are not there and we can see the result."-- IIHF President Rene Fasel, on the state of women's hockey. (SUNTIMES.com, 2/18)
Meryl Davis and Charlie White yesterday became the first American couple to win the Gold Medal in ice dancing, and the achievement has made the front page of many newspapers across the country. Both skaters are from Michigan and train in Detroit, and their hometown papers predictably put them front and center. The Detroit News went with an image of the pair skating a congratulatory lap holding an American flag under the header, "Solid Gold," while the Detroit Free Press ran a similar image under the header, "Olympic Gold: Made In Michigan." The Philadelphia Inquirer and the Orange County Register both went with the headline, "Solid Gold Dancers," while the Washington Post had, "American Dance Their W ...
CBS adding Gonzalez to "NFL Today;" Marino, Sharpe out.
On-court struggles by traditional contenders has led to a dip in audience for NBA's TV partners.
NFL Panthers raising ticket prices amid stadium upgrades.
How will Ray Rice's image be affected following an alleged domestic dispute?
Is NBC getting too personal with athletes during the Games?
Skateboarding, more BMX events could be added to Olympic program for '20 Tokyo Games.
Aided by new technology from BMW, the U.S. medals in the two-man bobsled.
Bill DeWitt Jr. touts MLB Cardinals' payroll flexibility.
- Ice Dancing Gold Makes Newspaper Front P...
- NBC Ahead Of Turin On Nine Of 10 Nights
- NHL Decision On Future Olympics Months A...
- Fasel: Women's Hockey To Stay In Games
- IOC Could Add Skateboarding, More BMX By...
- U.S. Bobsledders Benefiting From BMW Tec...
- Under Armour Deals With Speedskating Fal...
- Independent Athletes Struggle With Olymp...
- Olympic Names In The News
- THE DAILY's Olympic Medal Stand
- Latest Headlines From SBD/SBJ's Sochi Bl...